Friday, July 9, 2010

1 day and 7 hours till we leave........but who's counting!


Hi my name is Tiffany, I'm from South Australia and live with my husband Chris and two kids Emily (11) and Josh (8) and we're about to head off on a four week camping/4WD adventure holiday with a group of friends.

This is my first post for this trip, which will be our second trip to the Top End, hence the name Top End 2.

We we're originally planning to head to Cape Yorke but the Queensland flood waters took care of that, hence Plan B. Apparently there's also flooding now on the Tanami Road so Plan C is also being discussed, but at the end of the day it's all about getting out and enjoying our beautiful country so it really doesn't matter where we go as long as it is out bush.

I started this blog to help us remember this incredible trip because last time we went the kids were 5 and 2 and they really don't remember anything at all. We visited so many places in WA, NT and SA over 8 weeks that even when I look at the photos I get confused about which waterfall or rock pool it was and where.

Not much to say at this stage except the second to last load of washing is on, all the non perishable food is packed and all the equipment is piled up ready to load into the Landy as you can see in the photo.

Just a quick bit of last minute shopping tomorrow for some bits and pieces and the perishables, hand over the keys of the house to my brother who will be house sitting for us, pack the car and head out first thing Sunday morning.

Woo Hoo! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment